Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Learning

In line at Safeway last night I had a break through. Some old lady interrupted Tracy's and my conversation to tell us about how she had deleted files from her computer. I think we were talking about cell phones and she assumed it was a natural segway. I had opened my mouth to ask her from what program she had deleted the files, and if she had tried a system restore or checked in her recycle bin yet.
And I stopped.
If I let her know I knew anything about computers chances were we would not make it back in time for House ( we just love that show). I had a sudden flash of us in her nick-knack crammed house trying to recover lost vacation photos of Branson Missouri. It would smell, and their would be cat hair. Instead I replied "o thats too bad, computers are just tempermental mysteries aren't they?" and I busied myself with my wallet as not to make eye contact.

No comments: